Making fruit popsicles for babies is fun These 2-ingredient Greek Yogurt Popsicles make a refreshing and satisfying summer treat.
Summertime heatwave hit us quickly this year, although it’s currently freezing cold in June. However, that gave me an idea to make these Greek Yogurt popsicles for our baby. These popsicles are so easy to make and only require 2 ingredients. Yes, TWO!
- Greek yogurt. I recommend using full-fat plain yogurt
- Fruits. I use cherries in this recipe; however, you can use other fruits
Fruits for popsicles
Making fruit popsicles for babies is fun and it’s one of my ways to introduce fruits, too. Besides cherries, you can add any kinds of berries, banana with cocoa powder, banana with creamy peanut butter, or mango puree. The flavor combination is endless!
How to make Greek yogurt popsicles
- Wash the fruits you’ll be using, pat them dry, and remove all the seeds
- Chop the fruits in large chunks
- Add both Greek yogurt and fruits to a food processor. Combine well until nearly liquified into a smoothie-like consistency
- Pour into popsicles mold and freeze in the freezer overnight
Utensil to make Greek yogurt popsicles
You will need popsicle molds and a food processor. In case you don’t own a food processor, you can crush the fruits in batches; then use a food strainer to get all the juice/liquid and mix it with Greek yogurt.
Can I use sweetener
I don’t recommend adding sweetener, honey, or agave syrup to these popsicles; hence, the baby will get the flavors from fresh fruits only.
2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Popsicles
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups cherries pitted
- Blend cherries and yogurt in a food processor until you reach a smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove.